|2003 International Conference on
New Interfaces for Musical Expression
McGill University is situated in the downtown area of Montreal. The address of the Schulich School of Music is 555 Sherbrooke Street West (click here to see a picture of the building), which is located between the intersections with University Avenue and Aylmer Street. One of the major arteries running through the city is Saint-Laurent Boulevard, also known as The Main, which flows north to south and divides the city into east and west. Be careful not to confuse addresses on the East and West sides of Saint-Laurent (from where the numbering starts in both directions).
The conference program includes two coffee breaks on the conference site, one in the morning around 10:15 am and one in the afternoon around 2:20 pm. Lunch time will be between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm. We invite you to explore the Montreal restaurants. To guide your choice, here are a few recommendations.
- A list of restaurants near the Schulich School of Music, by Prof. Ichiro Fujinaga.
- An excellent Montreal Restaurant Guide by Prof. Jeremy Cooperstock.
- Restaurants at walking distance from McGill Campus.
- Also see this review.
Traveling to Canada
Please be sure to check whether you need a visa to travel to Canada! Please check if you need a visa with the Canadian Embassy/Consulate in your home country before doing the final travel arrangements. A list of Canadian Visa Offices can be found here.
Montréal Dorval International Airport is served directly by taxi, and also has a shuttle bus service called the Aérobus.
- Taxis (and limousines) are at your service just outside the airport terminal. Both forms of transportation can be paid for with Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Although you must pay in Canadian dollars, some drivers will also accept American money.
- The Aérobus service takes you from Dorval International Airport straight into the heart of Montréal. From here, most major downtown hotels operate a complimentary bus service. You can purchase tickets for the Aérobus from a booth outside the main entrance, and a counter within the terminal. Buses leave every hour.
- Montréal Airport webpage