Genetic Algorithm Initial Settings Dialog
A dialog box used to view and edit the basic parameters of newly begun evolutions
using genetic algorithms. Accessed through the Preferences
- Bits Per Word: The number of bits used for each word in the DNA
bit string of each chromosome. This value is used for feature/classifier weighting,
but ignored for selection. Must be 1 or greater.
- Population Size: The total number of chromosomes in one generation
in all villages put together. Must be 2 or greater. Must be a multiple of
Number of Villages.
- Mating Rate: The fraction of the population that can serve as parents
during each generation. Must be between 0 and 1. Must be such that there are
at least two eligible parents per village.
- Mutation Probability: The probability that any bit in the DNA bit
string of chromosome will flip after crossover. Must be between 0 and 1.
- Elitism Allowed: Whether or not the best performing chromosome
is cloned from one generation to the next.
- Number of Villages: The number of isolated villages in which chromosomes
evolve. There is some periodic interchange between villages (see following
two parameters). Must be 1 or greater.
- Migration Delay: The number of generations that pass between chromosome
exchanges between villages. This field has no effect if there is only one
village. Must be at least 0.
- Migration Size: The number of chromosomes that are exchanged between
villages during exchanges. This field has no effect if there is only one village.
Must be at least 0. Must be smaller than the number of chromosomes per village.
- These parameters are used when new genetic algorithm evolutions are begun.