Assignment #8 (Due 12/06)
- Write dft~ and idft~. Note that this will only work with small
- Write myfft~ and myifft~ (2 inlets & 2 outlets). Note that
you have to be careful with the scaling factor (there's a bug in
the handout). (Max signal vector size: 2048.)
section in Numerical Recipes
Assignment #7 (Due 11/21)
- Write a clone (alea~) of MSP object rand~ that linearly interpolates
between two random numbers generated at the specified frequency.
an amplitude modulator object: am~. Should have three float or signal
inlets: carrier frequency, modulating frequency and tremolo depth.
a frequency modulator object: fm~. Should have three float or signal
inlets: carrier frequency, harmonicity ratio, modulation index.
#4a (Due 11/14) 6 points
- Write a clone (tuyau_proxy) of Max object pipe using proxy (3 points).
Make sure that more than one number can be delayed at a time (3 points).
Assignment #6 (Due 11/07)
- Write an oscillator with multiple harmonics with a list (and in the
arguments) specifying strength of each harmonic. Be sure to normalize.
an oscillator with multiple harmonics (number of harmonics specified
in the argument). Strength of each harmonic should be dynamically
changed with inlets. Automatically adjust the overall gain. Overall
phase should be adjustable. Create one wavetable once at creation.
Assignment #5 (Due 11/02)
- Write a clone (entonnoir) of Max object funnel (dynamically allocate
structs that will store information for each inlet)
- You may want to satrt with proxylist that sends out bangs
- Write a clone (mydiv~) of MSP /~ object
- Write a clone (myspike~) of MSP spike~ object (determine if the
outlet outputs are scheduled: spikeTest )
Assignment #4 (Due 10/17) Double points
- Write a clone (delai) of Max object delay
- Write a clone (tuyau) of Max object pipe; do not need to use
proxy and the "clock" message need not be implemented
Bang out on every beat from different outlets, up to 8 beats per measure.
Default to 4.
Start and stop via toggle or "start" and "stop" messages
First argument: number of beats, second argument: tempo in beats per
minute (both optional, but allow for first argument only)
Right inlet, beats per minute (int or float)
Assignment #3 (Due 10/10)
Write the following Max object clones:
- tondre (clip) [use outlet_new() and outlet_list()]
- ivre (drunk) [use random()] (iverIch.c)
- moyen (mean) (moyenIch.c)
Please post one folder with your name that contains project folde
Assignment #2 (Due 10/03)
Write the following Max externals:
- mult object that is similar toMax built-in * object including
the same assist messages (integer only)
- div object that is similar
to Max built-in / object with assist messages, (floating point
- power object that is similar to Max built-in pow object
(integer and floating point)
Place copies of your project folders (project files, source,
the object, and a test patch) on your web site (use Finder:File:Create
Archive to create a zip file)
Assignment #1 (Due 09/27)
Subscribe to Max-msp mailing list
Build a simple homepage on www.music.mcgill.ca:
- Basic personal info
- Links to your classes
- Place to post your assignments
- From your home directory, got thesubdirectory called: public_html
- Edit the html file index.html (pico index.html)